Thursday, December 20, 2007

And Here It Is ...

Merry Christmas, of course, but what is here today is my new car.

It's sitting outside my house! Katy says it's so high-tec she doesn't know why she had to take a driving test in the first place, and Dmitri, who usually despises everything that doesn't have a BMW or VW badge on it called it 'sophisticated'.

So, over the weekend, hopefully, I will take it for a little drive round the back streets of North London, and start to regain a little of my lost independence.

Tomorrow, major present wrapping will take place, and that will include what's in the envelope in my handbag that I will neither discuss with, nor show to Katy.

4 comments:

Z said...

How good of Them, to make it seem like a Christmas present. It'll be wonderful, I'm very happy for you.

I trust Katy will tell us, on Wednesday (actually, I want to know on Tuesday, but I'm a reasonable woman) what is in the envelope.

Happy Christmas, darling Chairwoman xx

Maggie said...

Oh do have fun!

My car has been an absolute godsend this year. Maybe I'll get to drive it myself next year.

Hugs and Happy Christmas from Liverpool!

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

That is wonderful!

Have a wonderful holiday, and although I can't imagine what will be happening at the NHS that will take 8 weeks and does not involve surgery but will get you out of your chair. I do wish you the best of luck with the whole thing, and that in a short time you shall be chairless.

(Will they let you keep the car then?)

Chairwoman of the bored said...

Zoe, thank you for your constant encouragement, have a joyous Christmas.

Maggie, I hope you get to drive soon, I am hoping to have a go on Boxing Day. And Christmas Greetings to all in my second city (The Chairman was from Crosby, so I am a Scouser by close association}.

TBTAM, Enjoy the luxury of a day in a relatively quiet Manhattan. I would be there in a New York minute. I will email you about my treatment as I don't believe it's done this way in the US.